Friday, February 1, 2008

A Review of Across Five Aprils
by Gareth M.

I think that the best thing that Irene Hunt did with this book is show the signifigance of the war between the states ("Civil War"). She also made it seem like we were watching the Creightons live their life. She also didn't run two stories at once.

I think the puprpose that Mrs. Hunt had for wrtiting this book was so that people could actually see what the war did. So that people could actually see what the war did to families. It tore apart families. It almost destroyed a whole country.

All in all, it was a fine book. I think that it is a wonderful book. It would best be read by a person who knows the war.

1 comment:

Leila said...

Excellent review!
Do you know, I've never read this book!
I really should!